Program Director Bulletin for COVID 19 (April 15, 2020)
April 16, 2020
Program Director Guide for COVID 19
April 15, 2020
This PD Guide will be published weekly on gme.wustl.edu. The current week’s edition will be under Announcements and prior editions will be posted under Program Leadership.
Weekly Zoom PD Q&A session on Thursday nights at 6pm-7pm
April 16, 2020- Pandemic Modeling Demystified.
Keith Woeltje, MD BJC VP and Chief Medical Information Officer will join us to review how modeling for COVID is being done and what insights he can give us into where we have been and where we might go.
Please send any specific questions to email@example.com before 3p Thursday
ACGME BULLETIN /e-communications
Next week’s PD Q&A will discuss implementation of the information in March 30 2020 ACGME
April 6, 2020- FAQs to note
House Staff FAQs
Released 4/14/2020 in answer to questions posed by house staff to GMEC representatives
Available with WUSTL key at FAQ: https://wustl.box.com/s/jzzbn6nyv9jno0y61kbosc0cjj8l1p1z
NOT downloadable so that only most recent information is available
Will be updated as needed. House staff should send questions to GMEC reps listed in FAQ
How to submit resource requests to the WUMC Joint Incident Command Center
The Command Center is open 24/7 to support you
There are two ways to contact the Command Center, based on the urgency of your supply request:
- Click here to submit a standard supply request (not requiring a response in less than two hours); Save the link: ly/JICCSupplyRequest
- For emergent supply needs, including support on nights and weekends, call the Command Center 24/7 at 314-273-7160
A potential Journal Club article for house staff:
Cultivating Deliberate Resilience During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic, Rosenberg AR. JAMA Pediatrics April 2020.
If you would like to share an educational innovation you are using in your program or if you would like to be part of the work group, please email Dominique Cosco directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send recognition and gratitude for anyone who is helping support your trainees, training programs and patient care: https://gme.wustl.edu/wellness/gratitude-and-recognition/
- We have added a Gratitude Blog to the GME Website to feature all of the appreciation messages we receive.
- Help your incoming trainees –
- The Wellness Champions (big thank you to Riti Chokshi, peds, for starting this) have put together an Excel Workbook with information on housing in STL for you to send to your incoming trainees to help them find a place to live despite restrictions on travel. Feel free to have your residents add to the offerings:
- Housing in STL.xlsx
- We STRONGLY recommend you consider WUMCHA memberships for all of your incoming trainees. WUMCHA offers many resources to help with the transition to STL – this will be an important resource given that the transition period is likely to look different than it normally does. Department-sponsored membership is offered at a reduced rate: ($25/person). Email email@example.com and include:
- Name and email for each resident/fellow you will sponsor
- Billing contact name and email for invoicing
- Encourage incoming trainees to find new PCPs for themselves and family members prior to arrival. See the Physical Health section of the GME Wellness Website for PCPs taking new patients (adult and pediatric lists)
- Consider alternative means for creating connection with your new trainees over the coming months. Invite them to a Zoom gathering, include them in division wellness, fitness, cooking or other challenges….
- Please send your suggestions/examples of things you are doing to ease this transition to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit anonymously through the wellness suggestion portal online.
- WU Physician Peer Support Program – website and request form will be available by the END of the week – watch for an email update.
- House staff group support sessions via Zoom – now asking house staff to register in advance (recommendation from the house staff wellness champions):
- When: Apr 20, 2020 03:00 PM Central Time
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Login information for these sessions are also posted in New Innovations – links are at the very top of the home page when trainees login.